Friday, September 25, 2009

Wild Weather

The school week is finally over and it couldn't have come any sooner. It has been raining quite a bit here over the past few weeks with the culmination coming on Monday. It was one of those days I would have loved not to be a traveling teacher. Definitely glad I had my Fry boots on!

On Mondays I go to three different schools and by the time I had made it to my third school mid-morning, the weather was ugly. I had been in my classroom for about 5 minutes and could hear the weather decided to kick it up a notch. Just as I was thanking the Higher Being for letting me get inside before this mess started, I heard a faint alarm sound coming from another hallway. Confused, (since it was horrible weather and ITBS testing) I went to see if I was actually hearing a real fire alarm. Turns out....I was!

I quickly got my student from my classroom and we headed outside to go stand away from the building in the pouring rain. (Apparently the Higher Being has a sense of humor!) After about twenty minutes, we were permitted to go back inside. Turns out the fire was caused by a science experiment gone awry. (Ummm.... yeah. Was a little disturbing to know a real fire happened at school and the alarms throughout several hallways never went off!)

Once back inside, classes resumed and all hell seemed to break loose outside. A massive downpour began around 11:30AM and never let up. Counties were closing schools left and right around us, including colleges, but my county stayed until the bitter end. I was wicked glad to live fairly close to my last school and didn't have to deal with some of the driving problems like some of my friends. I direct you now to exhibit A...

Exhibit A


Crazy, right?!?!

It took some of my friends 5-6 hours to get home from work. Boo....

The next day school was closed and pictures of the flooding began to emerge, including some of the following...





Colorado and it's snowy weather is looking better and better by the minute! :)

No comments: