Thursday, March 12, 2009

Major Slacker

Pitiful, I know. I haven't blogged in forever. To catch up on things...

The past few weeks have been nuts-o. Work has seriously picked up because this is the time of the year when my special ed. students have to have their annual meetings (IEPs) which means lots 'o paperwork. Yippee! I had planned for this but what I hadn't planned for was having to move during the same time. Yuck! I have been renting out my townhome for the past couple of years and my tenants decided to move out early. Two weeks and I have gone from downtown living to the 'burbs. Not a bad thing, though. I had originally planned to put the place on the market next spring prior to moving to Colorado and moving back in will make the process much easier.
Also going on was my sister's bachelorette party. My sister is amazing but she and I are the sun and the moon. As the maid-of-honor, I was supposed to be in charge of planning the party. I thought it would be great to rent a cabin and do a low-key weekend. Maybe some hiking, biking, etc. Ummm... no-go. My girly-girl sister (and I mean that in a loving way!) decided she wanted to do it up in Miami! Here's a group pic of all the ladies from the weekend...



These girls could party like a rock star and with Miami's clubs staying open 'til the crack of stupid, I was done. I definitely could not hang with this crowd. Great group, though.

All this crap really affected my workouts and I realized, bottom-line, I allowed it to affect my workouts. On my Beginner Triathlete website, I wrote a blurb addressing this. The short version is basically this: I like to reflect and see how I can improve at living life The realization hit that I need to do a much better job at balancing things in my life. I've allowed work and other things to take a front seat when a front runner should always be my health. So now I'm working on that. That's it in a nutshell.

The workout front has been poo with a couple of issues persisting: IT band causing some serious side knee pains and lower side stitches killing my runs. Today was my first day in weeks where neither issue flared up. I really do love running and it was so awesome to have a run sans hurting.

Anywho, it's stupid late and I need to go to bed. I have some new grub to try out and I hope to post some pics over the next week or two. Yell at me if I don't...

Good karma to all,

r

3 comments:

J.P. Patrick said...

when and why are you moving to sunny Colorado? Not that I blame you...I love it here!

rhodespedal said...

Oh, where to start... so many reasons! The big ones...
1) Colorado,its peeps, and the approach to life out there suits my lifestyle much better than Atlanta. It reminds me of how I grew up and, if I ever had children, would want them to grow up too. I'm a teacher and I see the majority of students here with such a focus on materialism and marriage instead of finding who they are and becoming independent thinkers, which really concerns me.
2) Good job opportunities for both myself and my bf. I teach deaf/hard-of-hearing but also have a degree in reg. ed so there's flexibility there with enough pay to make a living. The bf is going back to school for renewable energy/resources. Denver and the Boulder areas offer some really great programs.

So those are the biggies. We are actually coming out this summer for 2 weeks to Boulder (renting a place) just to solidify things for us but it's pretty much a done deal!

rhodespedal said...

Oh! The 'when' part I forgot to answer. The plan right now is to move sometime during the 2010 summer!