Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Eat, Sleep, Workout, Repeat (oh yeah, and work in between)

Finally feel like I have recovered from the long weekend of working uber late and getting very little sleep! Horrah! Today was a good day. Here's a typical day of eating for me.

Breakfast: Blueberry Smoothie (from Ani Phyo's recipe book)




Lunch and snacks throughout the day: Sun burger with homemade "raw" ketchup, salad with veggies and balsamic vinaigrette, greek yogurt, cheese, almonds, goji berries, and blue berries.



Dinner: Sirloin, salad w/carrots, blueberries, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette, leftover grilled veggies, and quinoa pilaf (swiped from this fabulous blog)...




...and some, oh so addictive, Kombucha!! Num, num, num!


My trainer ride yesterday was pure doggie poo because I was completely zapped of energy from the get-go. Could definitely tell I had not recovered from the lack of weekend sleep even though it was Tuesday. Ended up calling it quits after 30 some-odd minutes and hit the hay early.

Had an interval workout today on the treadmill and it was awesome!!! Felt soooooo fresh and was lovin' it! Had a great time doing my intervals to Paramore's song Misery Business. Definitely felt I could have gone longer than the prescribed intervals with the music going. I heart music! Did some good core work and lots of stretching of the IT band afterwards. Wish I could feel this awesome with every workout. Gotta be better about catching up on the weekend work interfering with my sleep...


Good karma to all,

r

2 comments:

J.P. Patrick said...

Share that smoothie recipe, woman!! ;)

rhodespedal said...

I actually can since this particular one is of my own device!

-frozen blueberries (about a cup)
-1/4 c. of cashews
-2 fresh, pitted dates
-a small squeeze of agave nectar
-usually one vanilla bean but i was out so i used some organic vanilla extract instead
-1 c. of almond milk (depending on the mood, but this time i used chocolate. Mmmm!)
-a handful of ice
-and one bad-to-the-bone blender!

Voila!